718 Elm Avenue
Historic Plaque: N
Description: 1 story log (utility poles & siding) cabin, gable roof with playing area (basketball) and Lindell Memorial Grove.
CHANGES As Built:
Curr Date Fr:
Curr Date To:
Owner Info: N
Current Owner: Village of Terrace Park
Original Owner: Village of Terrace Park
1975 Owner: Village of Terrace Park
Story 1 : Lindell Memorial Grove on site. 1978- in memory of former mayor Carl Lindell: mayor 1944-51 and 1964-71.
Story 2 : A WPA project. Part of Franklin D. Roosevelt's New Deal. Village recreation facility but mainly used by Boy Scouts. See pp. 66-67 in A Place Called Terrace Park - material taken from a letter to Ellis Rawnsley from Albert Allison whose idea the log cabin was (see letter in file). See also Village Views Letter to the Editor by Albert W. Allison, September 1977. Also see Log Cabin file in Subject file at TPHS for original Allison letter and more.
Story 3 : According to Pat Fehl the Terrace Park Junior Garden Club met in the log cabin in the late 1930s and early 1940s for 2-3 years.