430 Elm Avenue
Name: An Eveland House
Historic Plaque: N
Owner Info: Y
Lot: Pt 3-4-5 (R2-T5-S29)
Cont/Build: Harry Eveland
Description: 2 1/2 story brick four-square, hip roof. Based on but not just the same as 734 Park (Eveland/Brown).
Original Use: Residential
Current Use: Residential
CHANGES As Built:
Add To: Y
Sub From: N
Changes Details: 2001 - add & remodel (Hanz Nuetze, architect, Fletcher, construction).
Current Owner: Bjorn & Nora Chavez
Curr Date Fr: 2016
Curr Date To:
Original Owner: Harry H. Eveland (died 1983 - property to sons, Clarence & George. Included whole corner around onto Park)
Date Fr: 1924
Date To: 1983
Owner 1: Clarence (Red, died 1984) & George Eveland
Date Fr 1: 1983
Date To 1: 1984
Owner 2: George D. Eveland (Zoned to 3 more lots)
Date Fr 2: 1984
Owner 3: Park Homes (original house + 3 building lots)
Date To 3: 1992
Owner 4: Paul L. II & Robin U. Pendery
Date Fr 4: 1992
Date To 4: 2016
Date To 10: Variety of Coreys owned land until sold to George H. Eveland in 1914
1975 Owner: Harry H. Eveland Lot 3 of G. W. Corey's Subdivision
1 This home was built by and for Harry Eveland. See 734 Park for more Eveland family information.
Story 2 : Harry Eveland owned the Terrace Park Lumber Company located at 500 Elm and what is now Denison, and at one time also Clermont Lumber Company. Harry Eveland died in 1985. Tom, Harry's grandson, lived in the family house until it was sold in 1992 to Paul and Robin Pendrey.
Story 3 : Donna Eveland died 24 June 1970/71, buried Evergreen Cemetery, Miami Township OH, Copher Funeral Home.
Story 4 : George Dean Eveland was born in Miamiville OH 8 Jun 1925 and died 22 Nov 1993 in Cincinnati OH aged 68 years, 5 months and 14 days. The funeral was 27 Nov 1993 in the Craver-Hookom Chapel, Milford OH. He was buried in Greenlawn Cemetery Milford OH. He was survived by his wife, Anne Braun, Eveland. His late wife was Jeanne Mullen Eveland. Other survivors include sons George D. Eveland, Jr., Thomas Eveland, step-sons Claude and Brian and two grandchildren. The address at the time was 11920 Snider Road. (From Craver Hookom records)
Story 5 : The house has a downspout network that goes underground and feeds a water tank with a pump in the back. During a flooding period in the area (1920s-30s) the Eveland's rainwater supply was not unhealthy as all the water mains were, so many people came here to get safe drinking water from the backyard pump. The crank is broken (1996) but the Pendery's are reworking the pump so the water can be used for the garden.
Harry & Donna
Paul & Robin Pendery (moved from 414 Elm)